Sunday, April 27, 2014

Numeric Parameters for A4

Question:

I have some questions about A4 if you don't mind, I have asked the TA, and he effectively answered me. But his answer seemed a bit difficult for me to do!

I asked him about the numeric parameters needed for each structural system to be provided, suggesting the file that you shared to the class; he said it is a good start (and I realized that we need more info). That was cool. But when I asked him about the charts that we have to be provide (as stated on the rubric:"Both charts and typical numbers are presented for relevant parameters")

he said yes I expect you to provide charts for each system as shown in this website as an example: http://coolsteelframes.wordpress.com/numeric-parameters/

This is like doing A3 9 times! or I have misunderstood him.

 

Response:

You do not need to repeat all the information for each structural system.  We’d ask that you consider what are “key parameters” for your particular structural system.  It seems likely that you could extend the list we started in class.  You certainly don’t need as many charts as are given in the cited example, but selecting one or two that show important information seems like a good idea for full credit if you can find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment